Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rangeley Maine


I am on vacation in Northern Maine. I know, it's January. Who in their right mind goes to Maine in January. Me. Long story.

Wine options are limited up here, but if you find yourself in Rangeley Maine, January or anytime of the year, check out Wilderness Wines. They don't have a website I can direct you to, but they do have an insanely eclectic selection of unheard of and hopefully interesting wines out here in the middle of nowhere. Very fun stuff.

I just got paid so I'll pick up an obscure bottle to try tonight, I'll let you know how it goes. In the mean time I am sipping a Domaine Saint Michelle Brut to celebrate the swearing in of our new President. I needed bubbly and had my choice of this, a Korbel Extra Dry, and a NV Veuve Cliquot that I could purchase for $62.00. Seeing as this is the same bottle that has been sitting at the Rangeley IGA for the past three years in an overheated corner, I went with Ste. Michelle. No review, it's just serving it's purpose.

Obamanos!

No comments: