Thursday, January 22, 2009

In Fine Rouge


In Fine Rouge was my other selection from Wilderness Wines the other day, and for $9.99 am seriously impressed with this find. This delicious wine is 90% Grenache and 10% Syrah, aged 8 months in concrete tanks from The Côtes du Ventoux AOC in the Southern Rhone. Oh Bonjour!

This is the kind of wine this blog was created for. Small family owned and operated, biodynamic and substainable farming practices, small production handcrafted wine. This is value wine nirvana.

It has a wonderfully expressive nose, bright berries and violet. Seriously, I just had my nose in my glass for about three minutes. Smooth cherry and raspberry flavors with a little licorice spice on the finish. Paired with burgers and fries. My ex-husband's tasting notes? "Wow, really good."

Where to buy



1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY! I am in LOVE with Rhones, so I am excited to try this!