Monday, December 22, 2008

Les Caves Joseph 2006


Bordeaux picked up at Trader Joe's for $5.99.



I had very low expectations for this wine, after our Burgundy experience. Honestly though, it was not that bad. I'm not sure that is a technical wine description, "not that bad". It's true though, my first thought was "Not that bad". I have had so so so much worse.

60% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon. Dry haystack nose, a little rust and band-aid. Currants and smoke, very balanced but not too exciting. For $5.99? This will definitely be a standard in the "cellar" (read, kitchen) for when guests drop by. Paired very well with the bread and beer cheese we had with it. I have to admit I was a little depressed after reviewing this wine. Oh how the mighty have fallen. But! Steak, Baked Potato, Les Caves Joseph..as Willie Wonka once said "eh".


Not too bad for a $6.00 Bordeaux. Not great, but not too bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara - I'm digging your blog and your approach to what wines you review (inexpensive small producers as opposed to greedy giant corporate 'juice' producers...ugh). My 'drinking companion' is in the biz here in North FL- has his own wine shop - and emphasizes the same - his customers think he's a rock star. I look forward to all your 'authentic' reviews...